The protection of personal information is an integral component of the jobZology® website(s).
Information We Collect
Personal Information. The types of personal information we request from you will vary depending on whether you are accessing the Site as an individual managing your career (a “candidate”), student, faculty, or as an employer. Depending on your status as a candidate, student, faculty, or employer, the personal information we collect about you when you visit and use the Site is as follows:
Registration. Our registration process may require you to provide personal information, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and other demographic and professional information. When you register on this Site as a candidate, you may be asked to provide additional information about your professional background and experience. Once you provide us with personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
Candidate Profiles. When you access our services as a candidate or job seeker, you will be asked to provide certain personal information to assess your capabilities and qualifications, including but not limited to: contact information, personal demographic information, education, languages, qualifications and work experience, and job preferences. This information will become part of your candidate profile.
Student, Faculty, and Employer Profiles. When you access our services you may be asked to provide certain personal information to assess your capabilities and qualifications, including but not limited to: contact information, personal demographic information, education, languages, qualifications and work experience, and job preferences. This information will become part of your individual profile.
Automatically Collected Information. When you access services through the Site or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of visits and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log information – When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links – The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
How Information is Used
Information that we collect through the Site may be used for:
- Establishing candidate and individual profiles;
- Determining whether your profile information matches employer job opportunities;
- Providing Administrators of the employer, school, or organization site with summary reports, career modeling functionality, information relating to an individuals fit to education paths, occupations and company culture, and other related information associated to the individuals profile;
- Providing products and services offered through the Site;
- Responding to your questions and inquiries;
- Operating, maintaining, enhancing and providing our services through the Site;
- Contacting you, whether by email or postal mail, with information about the Site or our products and services;
- Auditing, research, aggregation and analysis purposes to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Administering and processing your accounts and orders;
- Ensuring the technical functions of the Site and our network;
- Developing new services; and
- Such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise share personal information about visitors to the Site with any third party, except as described below:
- Consent. We may share personal information with third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you are a candidate and you authorize an employer to view your candidate profile, then only those employers so authorized will have access to your candidate profile.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties who help us provide products and services through the Site. Examples include conducting data analysis and creating reports; website hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfilling orders; processing credit card payments; offering certain functionality; and assisting us in improving services and solutions. We may share personal information and non-personal information about you with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. These third parties may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they may have access to personal information about you to perform these functions. They are, however, prohibited from sharing identifiable personal information about you with other parties. We will remain the data controller and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire a portion or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Other services. In addition, we may share with third parties certain personal information in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you. We may provide such information for purposes of demonstrating trends in jobs on offer, traits in demand by employers, or for purposes of analyzing usage of the Site, including but not limited to platform types, number of clicks and exit pages.
- Demographic Information. If you subscribe to certain services through the Site, you may be asked to provide information about your age, gender or race as permitted by law. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and your choice not to provide such information will not affect your access to or use of the products and services provided through the Site. If you choose to provide this information, it should only be used by employer customers in accordance with applicable laws; however, jobZology® is not responsible for any actions by such employers.
Note that any information which you post to a public message board or chat area becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on the Site, and you may always opt not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board or chat area.
You choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register or create a full candidate profile and this may limit your eligibility for solutions and services provided through the Site. The jobZology® solutions are based on science and this approach requires reliable and thorough information, treated with rigor. We do not ask for information that is superfluous to our efforts to use science to benefit candidate and employer. If you wish to unsubscribe to our email newsletter please follow the unsubscribe instructions within the newsletter communications.
Information Storage and Security
The Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information provided through the Site. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Public Forums Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Testimonials With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to make a written request about how we have shared personal information about you during the prior calendar year with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all such third parties with whom we have shared personal information in the prior calendar year, and a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us at: PO Box 272967, Fort Collins, CO, 80527. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through direct mail to the above address.
We encourage registered users to keep personal information about them current. You may change personal information you have provided about you at any time by logging into the personal profile you created on the Site. After you enter your associated username and password, you can edit personal information about you. You may also update assessments you have completed from time to time, although in most cases we will ask candidates to update assessments no more frequently than once every 12 months.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account and before making corrections or updates to information about you. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Career Analytics Network, Inc.
ATTN: Mr. Travis Hevelone
1220 S College Ave, Suite 200
Fort Collins, CO, 80524